North Alabama Congregational Holiness Church
"Articles of Faith"
"Articles of Faith"
1. There is but One Living and True God, the Great Creator, and there (The Trinity)
Ref: Genesis 1:1-27; Matthew 28:19; I John 5:7
2. We believe the Holy Bible to be the inspired, infallible Word of God.
Ref: II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:20-21
3. We believe we are justified (Saved) when we repent of our sins, and believe in Jesus Christ.
Ref: Mark 1:15; Acts 13:38-39; Romans 5:1
4. We believe Sanctification to be the second work of Grace, subsequent to Salvation.
Ref: John 15:2; 17:16-17; Ephesians 5:25-27; I John 1:9
5. We believe in the baptism with the Holy Ghost, and speaking Since the Spirit gives the utterance when one is baptized in the Holy Ghost,
we reject the practice of one telling another what to say in order to speak in tongues. We also
reject the teaching that one who has received the Baptism with the Holy Ghost can speak in tongues, at will,
without the Spirit prompting the utterance.
Ref: Acts 2:4; 10:44-46; 19:6
6. We believe in divine healing for the body. (We do not condemn medical science)
Ref: Acts 3:2-12; 9:32-43; 5:15-16; James 5:14
7. We believe every blessing we receive from God including Divine
Ref: Romans 5:11; James 1:16-17
8. We believe in the operation of the nine gifts of the Spirit and
Ref: I Corinthians 12:1-12
9. We believe in the imminent rapture of the church, and the personal,
Ref: Acts 1:10-11; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 1:7
10. We, as a church, believe in the eternal redemption of all saints who are faithful to the end.
Ref: I Corinthians 10:12; Galatians 5:4 Matthew 24:13; Revelation 2:10.
11. We believe all who die out of Christ will be punished eternally, but those
who die in Him shall share His glory forever.
(We reject the theories of Once Saved Always Saved, Eternal Security, or Forever Settled in Heaven)
Ref: Daniel 12:2; Matthew 25:46; John 5:29; Jude 7
12. We believe the Bride of Christ is composed of the entire Spiritual Church.
Ref: I Corinthians 12:25; II Corinthians 11:2; Galatians 3:28-29; Ephesians 4:16; 5:23-33; Revelation 19:7-8
13. We require all our ministers to speak the same thing, and that there
be no division among us in doctrine concerning our Articles of Faith.
Ref: I Corinthians 1:10
1)We will demonstrate our commitment to Christ through spiritual examples of holy living.
2) We will demonstrate our loyalty to God and our commitment to the body of
Christ by good works, a godly walk and faithful stewardship.
3) We will only engage in activities that glorify God in our body and sprit.
We will read, watch and listen to that which provides for our spiritual edification.
4) We will live in a manner so pleasing to God that it will inspire trust and
confidence from others and manifest the spiritual image of Christ.
5) We will give priorities to fulfilling family responsibilities, to preserving the sanctity of
marriage, and maintaining the divine order of the home.
6) We will practice moderation in lawful things and abstinence in things that are
offensive or which lead to addiction or enslavement.
7) We will follow the scriptural principles of modesty through our dress in a manner that will
enhance our Christian testimony and will lead credence to our witness.
8) We will demonstrate our Christian commitment by fulfilling our obligation to society by
being good citizens, by decrying social injustices
and protecting the sanctity of life by speaking out against abortion & euthanasia.
North Alabama District CHChurch Mission Statement
The mission of the North Alabama District Congregational Holiness Church is to lift up the name of Jesus,
so that men, women, boys, and girls around the world may come to know Him as their personal Lord & Savior.
We will do all that is within our ability, by the power of the Holy Ghost, to teach and train workers
so that our churches may be a shining light in a sin-darkened world.
We pray that our district leaders, churches, pastors, and laity will labor together in lifting up Jesus that God may be glorified.
Click on any of the links below to find out more about us......
Piedmont Springs Campground History & Photos of Buildings
The NA Secretary, nor any member of the presbytery of the North Alabama CH Church can attest to the accuracy of the information contained within this website.
The Congregational Holiness Church, Inc., North Alabama District is a "charitable organization" as defined by Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3)
The Congregational Holiness Church North Alabama District is a Non-Profit Corporation registered in the state of Alabama
© 2010Congregational Holiness Church Inc. All Rights Reserved